Top 5 Yoga Teacher’s Training Centres In india
India, being the land where Yoga was born, is teeming with Yoga Centers all over the place. Among the Yoga centers, there are numerous Institutes that provide Yoga teachers’ training course. The thing with Yoga is that, it is a way of life and you need to get into the roots of it to get the full essence of it. Whether you attend Yoga teachers’ training programme for a better learning or for imparting your knowledge to others, it is always wise to choose well. This is why, we have compiled a list of top 5 Yoga Teachers’ Training centers in India:
- Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Ashrams and Centres – Established by Swami Sivananda in 1932, they provide teachers’ training course in Madurai, Trivandrum, Uttarkashi and Gudur. Their four week Yoga classes provide physical, emotional, mental and spiritual growth and makes you confident enough to impart your knowledge on Yoga.For details, visit org and for their region-wise contact details, click here.
2. Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute – This is an institute bestowed with numerous recognitions and accolades. The use of various props help one ease into the Yogasana and perfect the posture. Located in Pune, they have Yoga Teacher’s training courses for various levels of Yoga aspirants.
For more details:
Visit: Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute (RIMYI)
1107 B/1 Hare Krishna Mandir Road, Model Colony, Shivaji Nagar,
Pune – 411 016, Maharashtra.
Contact person: Mr Pandurang Rao, Secretary.
- Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram, Chennai – The Institute was established to honor Late Sri Krishnamacharya, who had mastered Yogasana, Vedadhyayana, and Pranayama. These were but a few of the many feathers on his hat. They provide International Yoga Teacher Training Programme of intensive training in Yoga that takes about 560+ hours.
For details, contact: +917299901100/+914424937998
- Parmarth Niketan, Rishikesh – Located along the banks of Ganges, at the foot of Himalayas, Parmarth Niketan is an Ashram in the Uttarakhand State of India. It is said to be the largest and spacious Yoga ashram in Rishikesh offering a 200 hours Yoga Teachers’ Training course that enables you to get registered with the Yoga Alliance. The focus is on the ancient yogic form practiced by sages and the ascetics.For more enquiries, contact: 09411106609, 07830060088
Address: P.O. Swargashram
Rishikesh (Himalayas); Uttarakhand – 249304
- Ashtanga Yoga Mysore – Their Yoga Teacher Training Syllabus meets the International Standards of the Yoga Alliance. They strive to give you a better understanding of the Human anatomy along with the Yogasanas and postures, aiming at theoretical, physical and mental excellence.For more details on their Yoga Teachers’ Training course, contact: +91-97421-80110
Address: #177, K.C Layout, Opposite Peter’s Farm,
Near Chamundi Hills road,
Mysore – 570011, Karnataka,
There are many more Yoga centers in India that provide teachers’ training course, and no matter which one you choose, you need to ensure that it will benefit you mentally, physically and spiritually. It is advisable to go for Yoga centers that are deep rooted and in practice for years. Wishing you a happy learning experience.