Practice Mindfulness on the Go
“The best way to capture moments is to pay attention. This is how we cultivate mindfulness” –
- Jon Kabat Zinn.
We cannot emphasize the importance of mindfulness enough to our students in the mindsupport Mindfulness Classes. It is one practice that can be cultivated on the go, at any time of the day. It does not require a time, place or a structure. Here are some ways in which you could practice mindfulness in your daily life:
- During Your Morning Routine – When you wake up, your mind is fresh and void of any thoughts. Use this state of mind to your advantage by actively focusing on the things you do; making your bed, brushing your teeth, freshening up and so on. Finishing the first task of the day with focus will give a sense of accomplishment.
- While Eating – Eat consciously. Look at what is on your plate, feel the food as you take a morsel and chew it consciously. This kind of focus on your food will make you more aware of what you eat. It will urge you to make better food choices along with making you mindful.
- While Exercising – When you perform a certain exercise with focus, you will give the right amount of pressure, maintain the correct posture and give your hundred percent to it; a concept we emphasize on in our Mindsupport Yoga Classes. This will give you better results in the long run and also the satisfaction of maintaining a good fitness regime.
- When You Are Stressed – Stress is the result of actions in the past or anxieties about the future. You need to be in the present to deal with stressful situations which is where mindfulness comes into play. When you keep your mind in the present and calm the mind using breathing exercises, you will be able to deal with the situations better.
- Before Bed – Mindfulness can be practiced before sleeping simply by focusing on your body, relaxing it part by part and putting it to sleep comfortably. This will keep unnecessary thoughts away right before you sleep and give you a bone deep sleep.
Mindfulness or consciously being and observing the present is something you can do throughout the day, whether you are commuting or sitting idle. Contact us and enroll for The mindsupport Mindfulness classes in Trivandrum in case you need professional guidance. Right guidance and regular practice will surely bring a positive change in your life